Mark your calendars for these exciting SAB events in March

Kaitlyn Bloemer, Photographer and Reporter

Continuing with the theme of keeping campus-style fun COVID-friendly, Lake Land College’s Student Activity Board has arranged several virtual events for the month of March. These events are completely free to students as well, so there is no reason not to take a break from the stresses of daily life and enjoy the events they have planned. 

If you are looking to listen to some absolute bops this month, SAB has planned a virtual concert with John Rush, the Human i-Pod. This private show for Lake Land students will be streamed from multiple camera angles in 1080p HD quality. Students will be able to talk to one another and with John in real-time as he sings his way through a playlist of over 80 hours of music for students to pick from. Hailing from Huntsville, Ala., John Rush has a much larger sound than other artists. Plus, using some amazing looping technology, John Rush makes it sound like there is an entire band coming from just himself. He can cover hundreds of bands, making sure that he can play something amazing for everyone to enjoy. According to his website, “John’s powerfully dynamic voice makes you feel he’s lived every song he sings. John’s style is part Jack Johnson and part Jimi Hendrix.” This man is amazing, so be sure to mark your calendars for March 24 at 7 p.m.!

However, this is not the only event that SAB will be hosting this month. On March 17, they will be holding an advising event for all students. The details are still TBA, so keep an eye on the Laker Point Online course for more details. Lastly, the Student Activity Board has planned a trip Around the World in 90 minutes via Zoom. Join them on March 3 at 7 p.m. for this unique and fun event. Supporting the Student Activity Board and their free events to students will help everyone stay connected to campus and Student Life from the comfort of their homes.

Facebook Comments Box