Laker’s volleyball 2019 season comes to an end

Madelyn Kidd, Copy Editor

With winter on the way the Laker’s volleyball 2019 season comes to an end as women’s and men’s basketball season starts. The volleyball team had quite a season filled with victories and losses and playing the sport they love. Overall, the volleyball team had 10 home game wins, two home game losses, five away game wins, six away game losses, five neutral wins and seven neutral losses for a total of 23 wins and 15 losses. The Laker volleyball team finished second at the NJCAA Division 1 Volleyball Region 24 Tournament on Saturday, Nov. 2 at John A. Logan College, which gave Lake Land College the opportunity to host the NJCAA Division 1 Midwest B District Tournament on Saturday, Nov. 9. Unfortunately, the Laker volleyball team lost and did not have the opportunity to go on to the championship, but the Laker volleyball team still had a good season.
The Laker volleyball team placed tenth overall for their number of sets on the NJCAA statistics chart. They also were eleventh overall for their hitting percentage of 0.263, fifth overall for the number of digs that totaled to 2,647 and seventh overall for 19.46 digs per set.
Individually, several Laker volleyball players had a successful season. Sophomore Ashley Clem was fifteenth overall for the number of digs during the season, which totaled to 614 digs. Sophomore Marias Gentry was twenty-sixth overall for the number of sets throughout the season, which totaled to 136 sets. Sophomore Ashlyn MacDonald was forty-sixth overall for the number of sets during the season, which totaled to 133 sets. Sophomore Katie Tarkington was eleventh overall for her 0.399 hitting percentage. Freshman Morgan Parsons was twenty-sixth overall for the number of sets throughout the season, which totaled to 136 sets. Freshman Carolina Moreria Souza was forty-first overall for the number of kills per set she had, which totaled to 3.18 kills per set. Finally, freshman Laney Chiaravalle was seventy-fifth overall for the number of assists throughout the season, which totaled to 515 assists.
Next year the Laker volleyball team is bound to have just as great if not an even better season and everyone should go to home games to cheer them on.