Get to know the SGA sophomore delegates

Back to Article
Back to Article

Get to know the SGA sophomore delegates

Abigail Buenker, Managing Editor

• Eusebio is a Business Administration major from Arthur, Illinois. In high school, he served as a student council representative and has served for one year as a delegate at Lake Land. He cites that he “likes being a part of a group that turns words into actions” as his reasoning for joining the group. As for a fun fact, he would like all of his constituents to recognize that 72% of his name is comprised of vowels.

• As president of her student council in high school in her hometown of Effingham, IL, Kourtney Cordes has always made sure that the needs and concerns of students are met. A dietetics major, Cordes loves being involved on campus and in her spare time she enjoys doing things outside: biking, running, volleyball,etc.

• Originally from Shelbyville, Illinois, Courtney Lee has been involved in many student organizations at Lake Land College but hopes to continue her involvement with the college further this year. Lee hopes to continue to carry out all of the plans that the association has made in the past year.

• Dental Hygiene student Citlali “Lali” Hoyos is a positive, hardworking force of Student Government. She strives to work hard in school in the Dental Hygiene program at Lake Land. When she isn’t hanging out with friends or focusing on her schoolwork, she is working on planning activities as a member of the SGA committees. In the year to come, Lali hopes to make Lake Land a better place by sharing her ideas and being open to the ideas of her fellow students.

• Did you know that this delegate can yo-yo, drive stick shift and has been learning to play the guitar (unsuccessfully)? Nate Shick, originally of Kansas, Illinois, has truly enjoyed representing the voice of students at Lake Land, a school that he loves. Acting as a “liaison between all of you students and the head honchos at Lake Land” is this pre-nursing major’s favorite aspect of being a part of Student Government.

• Cameron Noel has been able to grow his leadership skills as a member of SGA. He hopes to carry over his knowledge of club proposals and handling student concerns into his term next fall. As an IT major, he hopes to serve as a representative for those students on campus. Cameron would also like it to be noted that he can solve a Rubik’s Cube in 26.56 seconds, speaks a rudimentary amount of German, and is working on two different video game products.

• Gunnar Scott has enjoyed being a member of SGA and hopes to make more of an impact in the year to come. He hopes to step up and take a bigger role in the association’s functions. As for some fun facts, the Marshall, Illinois native enjoys playing video games and making puns with his fellow SGA members.

• Cosmetology major and Neoga, Illinois native Mya Garcia is a sophomore delegate for the 2018-2019 school year. Mya hopes to be able to improve the Laker image this year and help fellow students know what SGA does. She also “loves everything about fashion” and is very talkative and outgoing. Mya encourages all of her constituents to interact with her on campus: “If you see me around campus, feel free to stop and say hi!”