2019 Major League Baseball signings

Will Starwalt, Reporter

The snow is gone and the sun is coming back, which means that Baseball season is back in full swing. With all the time spent in the offseason, there have been a lot of big changes in Major League Baseball.

Recently, big names on the field have been thrown around including Bryce Harper, Manny Machado and Paul Goldschmidt. This off-season also saw the biggest contract signing in the history of American sports. Manny Machado has agreed to a 10-year, $300 million deal with the Padres including a $20 million signing bonus, and an annual average salary of $30 million.

Bryce Harper also saw a large signing deal when he took a deal with the Phillies. In 2019 Harper will receive a $10 million salary and an additional $20 million signing bonus paid in two installments. Between  2020 and 2028: he will receive a $26 million salary annually. The following this, Harper will receive $22 million annually through 2029 and 2031. Harper has not opted out on the contract, so fans can pick up a jersey and expect it to last for quite some time.

Finally, Paul Goldschmidt signed with the St. Louis Cardinals, though his deal is only for a single year, at $15 million.

About the Writer
Will Starwalt, Sports Reporter

Will Starwalt is the Sports Reporter for the Navigator News. In his free time, Will enjoys watching the Cardinals beat the Cubs, browsing for memes, and...

2019 Major League Baseball signings