Student Government wants YOU!!!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Student Government wants YOU!!!

Abigail Buenker, Managing Editor

Lake Land College’s Student Government Association will be accepting applications for nine sophomore delegate positions and one trustee position. The elections for these positions will be held March 20 through March 21. All Lake Land students are encouraged to participate in the election by voting via the Laker Hub.

As the vice president of SGA, Shelbie Kile advises all applicants to be aware of the commitments involved with being a member of Student Government.

“The time management is important. You have to free every Wednesday at 11 for the general meetings and possibly after that,” Kile remarked.

Delegates are also members of committees that meet individually outside of designated group Wednesday afternoon meetings. These committees focus on certain issues that affect students on campus.

Kile also enjoys meeting the constituents that she represents and working with fellow students.

“All of the stuff we get to do with Lake Land Student Life is pretty fun. Meeting people and hanging out with the friends you make is one of the best parts of being involved in Student Government,” Kile said.

Of course, Student Government could not continue without new members. Kile encourages all applicants to be as proactive as possible and hopes that the candidates will connect with the student body during the application process.

“There are 25 name slots on the petition that you have to get signed. Get as many signatures as you can and get your name out there,” Kile advised.

The student trustee position also needs to be filled next year. Applicants for this position will be a liaison between the Student Government Association and the Board of Trustees.

“The student trustee is also a member of SGA, they just wear a different name tag,” she joked. “The trustee sits in on every SGA meeting and reports to the board, ” Kile added.

The sophomore delegate and student trustee applications are coming soon! All applicants must be incoming sophomores who have completed at least 29 credit hours at Lake Land College. The applications will be available beginning at 7 a.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 27 in the Luther Student Center. All applications will be due at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, March 13 in the Student Life Office.

About the Writer
Abigail Buenker, Managing Editor

Abigail is currently the Managing Editor of The Navigator News. In years past, she worked on staff as the Copy Editor and Business Manager. In her current...

• Student Government wants YOU!!!

News

Graduation: Have you finished school or has school finished you?

• Student Government wants YOU!!!

News

Transfer Resource Room

• Student Government wants YOU!!!

News

Lake Land welcomes new VP of Student Services: Beth Gerl

• Student Government wants YOU!!!

News

A conversation with the dead: Psychic comes to campus

• Student Government wants YOU!!!

News

Sarah Bush brings mobile mammography to campus

• Student Government wants YOU!!!

News

Laker Nest looking for Student Input

• Student Government wants YOU!!!

News

Please welcome your new Student Trustee and SGA Sophomore Delegates

• Student Government wants YOU!!!

News

Leading students to success: The NSLS

• Student Government wants YOU!!!

News

Serve the community: Volunteering with LLC

• News

Livestock team continues success

Student Government wants YOU!!!