Foundation scholarships offered to returning students

Abigail Buenker, Managing Editor

Students returning to campus next fall can take advantage of Foundation scholarships ranging from $100 to $5,000. The Lake Land College Foundation offers curriculum scholarships to students in the agriculture, education, health, automotive, business, criminal justice, radio broadcasting, science, technology, and general divisions.  Both incoming freshmen and current students are eligible to apply as the scholarships are not automatically renewable. Prospective students are also encouraged to apply.

The application is easy to submit and has been streamlined online in the Laker Hub. The application process contains two sections: personal data entry and personal essay. First, students will fill out their personal information, past and current academic information, and information about their activities in college and affiliations with area businesses and organizations. Finally, students will write about their career aspirations, community involvement, financial needs, and life experiences.

Every year, the Foundation awards over $400,000 in scholarships to students in need.

To apply for the scholarship, fill out the application in the Laker Hub. All applications for the 2019-2020 academic school year will be accepted until February 1 by 11:59 p.m.

Miss the application deadline? Applications for the 2019-2020 academic year will reopen in late August for a short scholarship Blitz application period.