Get informed for the election

Abigail Buenker, Managing Editor

The Illinois general election is coming up very soon. Most important in the mind of Illinois voters is the gubernatorial election, in which incumbent Governor Bruce Rauner is running for a second term against democratic candidate JB Pritzker.

Rauner hopes to continue his promise and commitment to Illinois by creating a more prosperous state, where everyone has an opportunity to succeed.

The current Governor and running mate Evelyn Sanguinetti will remain focused on delivering value for taxpayers, creating a pro-jobs economic climate, ensuring world-class schools and educational options for every Illinoisan, and bringing term limits and greater accountability to state government.

The Republican has spent millions on his campaign and has recently visited and campaigned in nearby counties in August 2018.

Opponent JB Pritzker and Lieutenant Governor candidate Juliana Stratton boast reform for Illinois. Pritzker targets issues like rebuilding Illinois’ social services, reforms education, protecting health care and investing in the economy, all of which are very important to Illinois voters.

“Bruce Rauner has refused to do his job, failed to introduce a balanced budget, and dragged our state down a path of financial ruin,” Pritzker remarks.

In order to qualify as an established party in Illinois, a candidate must earn at least five percent of the vote in a statewide election. There are also other third-party candidates like conservative Sam McCann and libertarian Kash Jackson that voters will see on the ballot this fall.

In statewide elections, the Illinois Attorney General, Illinois Secretary of State, Illinois Comptroller, and Illinois Treasurer are all also up for election.

Election Day is Tuesday, Nov. 6. Make sure you are registered to vote for the election. Your voice matters and will shape the future of our state.

About the Writer
Abigail Buenker, Managing Editor

Abigail is currently the Managing Editor of The Navigator News. In years past, she worked on staff as the Copy Editor and Business Manager. In her current...

Get informed for the election