Filed under Campus, News, Sports

LLC hosts homecoming for alumni athletes

Lake Land College is calling all Lakers back to their roots for a homecoming celebration. The theme for this year’s event is “Welcome to Paradise” and is a nod to Jimmy Buffett. Graduates and past students alike are invited to revisit campus and reconnect with classmates.

Homecoming starts on Friday, September 28 with a Laker Athletic reunion in the Field House. Alumni can then enjoy the Laker volleyball game held in the Field House at 6 p.m.

After cheering on the Lady Lakers, an Alumni Recognition Banquet will be held at Mattoon Golf and Country Club on Saturday, September 29. Following the banquet, there will be a free concert at Alumni Park featuring a Jimmy Buffett cover band, The Boat Drunks. There will be food trucks and beverages at the event for all to enjoy. The college will also be hosting a Cruise Night and invites all local car clubs and classic car owners to dust off their ride and bring it out!

About the Writer
Abigail Buenker, Copy Editor
Abigail is currently the Copy Editor of The Navigator News. She has been apart of the staff since her freshman year when the paper was under the out-of-sight, top tier reign of Derby Roan. In the future, Abigail plans to transfer to a four-year university after graduating from Lake Land and will pursue a career...