NFL Safety

Will Starwalt, Sports Reporter

This NFL season starts like any other. Competing NFL teams playing football for four weeks. The anthem protests are still going on. This year the NFL will be making changes that have the safety of the players in mind. Some of the rules that are being changed is  first, there’s the leading with the helmet tackling rule, which has players and fans confused Then, there’s the new stipulation that falls under roughing the passer, Richard Sherman, a corner-back for the 49ers took to twitter and had this to say about the new rule: “There is no “make adjustment” to the way you tackle.  Even in a perfect form tackle, the body is led by the head. The rule is idiotic and should be dismissed immediately. When you watch rugby players tackle they are still lead by their head.” The NFL Will be flag football soon.” We have already seen this flag affect the game. Will the NFL change or will they stay the course they are on making the game to safe where flags will be thrown on every play?. Either way, you can’t cut out injuries completely from sports. The NFL will probably keep the rule till next season, but whatever happens, the game seems to be headed in a different direction.      

About the Writer
Will Starwalt, Sports Reporter
Will Starwalt is the Sports Reporter for the Navigator News. In his free time, Will enjoys watching the Cardinals beat the Cubs, browsing for memes, and being extra presidential as the acting President of the Broadcast club on campus. Facebook Comments

NFL Safety