Student Center to undergo improvements for 2019-2020 school year

Catrina Oberfeldt, Multimedia Manager

The last few weeks on campus have been plagued by giant yellow construction equipment, and this is just the beginning. The old child care lab is being renovated to complement the changes we will see to the Student Center in the coming year.

The layout of many of your student resources is going to change. The finished student center will have all of TRIO, counselling, SAB, SGA, admissions, financial aid, accounting, our campus police department, and the bookstore all in one building.

The current building is about 25,000 square feet, and the remodel over the summer will add about 19,000 square feet to that. The goal for the finished renovations is August of 2019. The construction currently happening on the vacant child care building will create a new space for administration offices.

Once the bookstore is moved into the new student center, the space that is currently the bookstore is slated to become a building for workforce development programs.

Other noteworthy features to look forward to are improved bathrooms, along with a gender neutral bathroom, and well as a lactation room near the nurse’s office.

All the improvements are being made without state assistance.

About the Contributor
Catrina Oberfeldt, Multimedia Manager
Catrina is the Social Media Manager for The Navigator News. In fall of 2018, she will graduate from Lake Land with a degree in Environmental Science, planning to minor in Spanish. This career path will allow her to single-handedly save the rainforest. She is also the president of Lake Land’s PRIDE group. Facebook Comments