Final N.S.L.S. conference for the spring semester on April 4

Valerie Lynch

Ethan Neal, Reporter

The final N.S.L.S. (National Society of Leadership and Success) conference at Lake Land College (for the Spring semester) is going to begin at 2 P.M. and end at 4 P.M. in the Luther Student Center Theater on Wednesday, April 4th.

For the sixth leadership speaker broadcast, the honor society is hearing from a former male figure skater, regarded to be “the most recognizable in the world,” Scott Hamilton.

An Olympic champion, television broadcaster, speaker, and motivational speaker, all members of N.S.L.S. will be able to see Hamilton on the projected screen during a pre-recorded live stream. During the course of the session, tweets, e-mails, and videos are encouraged, to share along with Hamilton, or with peers.

Having close to 500 chapters and a span of 525,000 members across the country, N.S.L.S. is the nation’s largest leadership honor society in the United States.

To join the well commended society, one must enter and eventually complete the five-step process on campus. If accepted into N.S.L.S., invitations to orientation are presented to the new elected member.

On behalf of the N.S.L.S., past speakers featured during various conferences include, Anderson Cooper, Carly Fiorina, Rudy Giuliani, Arianna Huffington, and Common.

To join or to discover any further details about N.S.L.S., contact Student Life Administrative Assistant Marlene Meek at [email protected], or at 217-234-5277.