Black Panther wins fans’ approval

Zoë Donovan, Managing Editor

Bringing in a worldwide total of over 748 million dollars since its initial release Black Panther has been a box office success and captured audiences all around the world.

Since the reveal of Black Panther, aka T’Chala in Captain America: Civil War fans have been awaiting the stand alone film. As a long time Marvel fan, I was no exception. Given Marvel’s history with recent movie trailers revealing much of the plot I opted to avoid them in lieu of my viewing. Nonetheless, I was floored by not only the visuals and amazing acting but also a thrilling soundtrack that kept viewers on the edges of their seats.

The film picks up directly following the events of Civil War. It begins with the coronation of T’Chala as king of Wakanda after his father’s death. We meet his sister Shuri, a tech genius who designs his weaponry, armor and other gadgets.

The movie strayed a bit from the original source material from the comics though not enough to make fans of them feel alienated, and given the many versions of many of the Marvel Heroes in various comics nothing can ever be exactly the same as the comics.

The women in the film are all portrayed amazingly well, to the Dora Milaje army that are there to protect and guard the king to the ingenious Shuri and Lupita Nyong’o’s Nakia.

Finally, and with spoilers in mind, the end credit scene. The end credit scene is where James Buchanan Barnes lives apparently, given his place at them in the last few Marvel films. This one was no exception and given that he’s refered to as the White Wolf, this might be setting up his place in the next films, specifically in Infinity War and possibly with a place in the Wakandan Army, given that the White Wolf character in the comics is often closely associated to it.

About the Writer
Zoë Donovan, Editor-In-Chief

Zoë is the Editor-In-Chief of The Navigator News. She started working for the Navigator in August of 2017.  Zoë is an English major with a love of...

Black Panther wins fans’ approval