Preview of March movies

A batch of March movies are going to "spring" up in theaters everywhere.

'Red Sparrow,' 'A Wrinkle In Time,' 'Tomb Raider,' and 'Ready Player One' are all March movies based on either a book or a game.

Ethan Neal, Reporter

All throughout the month of March, a showing of long awaited movies will be seen at a local movie theater near you. ‘Red Sparrow,’ ‘A Wrinkle In Time,’ ‘Tomb Raider,’ and ‘Ready Player One’ are all March films expected to make a splash at the box office.

The first release in March is ‘Red Sparrow,’ the thriller and spy flick directed by Francis Lawrence that is leaving many anxious as to what will transpire in such a dramatic turn of events.

Academy award winning actress, Jennifer Lawrence takes the role of Dominika Egorova, the “prima” ballerina from Moscow, who always pushes herself beyond the boundaries that she can defeat. A devastating accident onstage forces the captivating Dominika to withdrawal her talents as a dancing supreme. Instead, she must find life as a “Sparrow,” a member of Russia’s most dangerous intelligence service. As Dominika becomes familiar with the undercover act, she transforms into becoming the most powerful Sparrow in to date, taking down others with just her body and mind. Everything changes once a member from the CIA enters Dominika’s life.

‘Red Sparrow’ can be seen in theaters on March the 2nd.

The upcoming Disney picture, ‘A Wrinkle In Time’ is the cinematic result of the best selling novel written by American writer, Madeleine L’Engle from 1962.

Meg Murry, played by teen actress, Storm Reid, experiences the loneliness and frustrations of not having a father in her life. Alongside her younger brother, Charles, and fellow schoolmate, Calvin, the young adventurers begin the quest to search for the parent Meg never had. Three supernatural guides, played by Reese Witherspoon, Oprah Winfrey, and Mindy Kaling, embark together with the children for one common purpose.

On March 9th, ‘A Wrinkle In Time’ will hit the theaters, worldwide.

Prominent due to the previous Tomb Raider films (‘Tomb Raider’ and ‘The Cradle of Life’) and the continuous development of the ‘Tomb Raider’ video games, the newest adaptation of ‘Tomb Raider’ (directed by Roar Uthaug) is indeed an official homage to the gaming franchise, rather than the proceeding Jolie films.

The 2018 story of ‘Tomb Raider,’  sets its focus on the 21 year old, bike delivering, Lara Croft (Alicia Vikander). Enrolled in college and paying rent in the lively streets of East London, Lara remains to be upset over the death of her late father. Hopeful to discover the path where her late father was last alive, Lara will attempt to make way toward an island in the Pacific. Only she can become “the tomb raider.” But before Lara solves any of her plans, the she has to overcome the challenges that come her way.

‘Tomb Raider’ is set to release on March 16th.

The final week of March is playing the latest Stephen Spielberg project, which is based on yet another novel titled, ‘Ready Player One.’

Oasis is the virtual landscape where outcasts go face to face with enemies for a treasure hunt. In ‘Ready Player One,’ Wade Watts (Tye Sheridan) finds refuge in the online game called “the Oasis.” The founder of Oasis passes away, and wishes for his earnings of the games to be given to players. However, the task to win money is far from easy in the mind of Wade. Greedy opponents will do anything they can to purposely stop Wade from the virtual treasure chest.

March 29th is the date ‘Ready Player One’ will debut on screen.

About the Writer
Ethan Neal, Reporter

Ethan is one of two reporters on the 2017-2018 Navigator News staff. In May of 2018, Ethan will graduate, earning an associate's degree in Speech Communications....

Preview of March movies