SGA welcomes new members

Stutzman and Woodruff join SGA

Lake Land’s Student Government Association filled two vacancies this month, hiring new member Megan Woodruff and returning member Emily Stutzman.

“I’m excited to have both Emily Stutzman and Megan Woodruff as a part of SGA, because I think we need some new perspectives,” SGA President Brock Hammond said. “I know that both are very well-known around campus and are very in-touch with the needs of the everyday college student.”

Woodruff said joined SGA because she enjoyed her high school’s student government.

“I did student government in high school,” Woodruff said. “I was really active with it, and I just really love the atmosphere and everything that went with it.”

Woodruff also said she can provide the new perspective Hammond was looking for.

“[My strength is] different ideas. When I was in high school, I was president, so I was able to look over lots of different groups and organizations and see how they all worked,” Woodruff said.

Woodruff said she looks forward to meeting new people and seeing the differences between high school and college student life.

“Although I haven’t had the chance to work with Megan yet, I am certainly looking forward to doing so,” Hammond said.

Stutzman, on the other hand, was an SGA member last year and rejoined this month.

“Emily has worked with us in the past, and she is very passionate about Student Government,” Hammond said.

Stutzman said she joined SGA to represent students’ concerns.

“I was drawn to SGA and its mission to make Lake Land’s campus a better place, and the opportunity SGA representatives have to address student concerns and be a voice for the student body,” Stutzman said.

Stutzman said she looks forward to the annual One Stop Community Christmas fundraiser.

“I love Christmas, and I think this event really embodies the Christmas spirit,” Stutzman said.

Student Government will have new openings next semester for interested students.

“We will have a few more vacancies coming up in December,” Hammond said. “Feel free to apply.”

SGA welcomes new members